Saturday, February 6, 2010

Nutria Rat

Have you ever seen those huge rodents called Nutria? If not, here is one. Back in 1997, I was driving to work around 6:30 a.m. and I think I hit one of these creatures. I might be exaggerating, but it stood up and looked right at me. There was a big thud sound under my car, but when I came home from work in the afternoon, there was no sign of it...nor any damage to my car. What was it then? Anyway, enjoy this picture....I am working with more textures and a more painted style.



2 comments:

  1. In fact I think I saw one two days ago. I like the texture technique. It gives it an extra layer of meaning. Puts the character in some location that we can relate to, but we do not know where. Crossing reality with imagination. But wait, wasn't there a thquirrel nearby?

    ReplyDelete